Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Reading Options

The Mythology and Folklore UN-textbook seems like it is filled with very interesting stories. All truly jumped out to me. However, the three that I narrowed down to were:

Alice in Wonderland: I have always loved the Disney adaptation of the Alice In Wonderland, however, I know the Disney version skews heavily from the original. I have always been curious about the original or what Disney derived it from.

Beowulf: My favorite high school required reading. I remembered being so fascinated by this story.  I, unfortunately, lost my copy, so to see this on the list made me happy. I am not sure if I will read it again, but it definitely jumped out at me.

Robin Hood: Another story adapted by Disney that I found incredibly fun, so I am intrigued by what they changed.

Overall, I am excited by the lengthy list of reading options!

Caption: Alice in Wonderland from Alice-in-wonderland.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joey B