Monday, August 27, 2018

Time Management Strategies

    As I have already demonstrated, I struggle with time management at the beginning of the semester. However, once I am able to catch my breath and make it through syllabus week I usually end up doing exceedingly well with time management. It is just the first few days of the semester that send me through a loop. 
    After reviewing some of the linked articles one stuck out to me. "Time Management Tips Just for Creatives" by Amanda Oliver. I reviewed the list, and some tips I already utilize. For instance, tip number three "work when you are your best." I am a total night owl and tend to work best at night, especially creatively. I have attempted to wake up earlier to get a head start on the day, but I tend to burn out easier that way. 
    However, the two tips that I am curious to try are tips number eleven "don't even try to multi-task" and twelve "apps to help manage time." I tend to be big multi-tasker. For example, as of right now I am making pasta, planning for a discussion tomorrow and watching Bachelor in Paradise. And as of right now I am thoroughly stressed. Doing some planning ahead and blocking out my time will probably allow me to focus 100% of my energy on one sole task, and really slay at it. I already downloaded one of the apps suggested in tip number twelve, so hopefully, that will help me better manage my time. 


Caption: Obtained from pinterest.com https://www.pinterest.com/pin/821977369459042010/?lp=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joey B