Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Reading B Celtic Fairy Tales

I finished up Celtic Fairy Tales tonight. Overall, I enjoyed these stories. I am of Irish descent, so these stories really struck a chord with me. One of the stories in this unit that really stuck out to me was Brewery of Eggshells. A woman had twins who lacked in growth. She followed some old man's advice and threw them into the lake. Turns out they were goblins and were reclaimed by the goblins in the lake. Another one that stuck out to me was Andrew Coffey. Andrew was a quiet man and traveling with his horse. The two got lost and came across a cabin. While at the cabin he could he someone calling his name, and he found a man who had been lost for many years. Overall, I liked how these stories were told and they were easier to follow. I liked the strangeness of these stories. They kept me more interested. 

 
Caption: Celtic Symbol obtained from Pinterest
Bibliography: Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1892). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joey B