Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Reading Notes Part A

This week I decided to read The Brothers Grimm (LibriVox) Tales. I am familiar with the Grimm Brothers stories and how they usually go about writing their stories. I am aware they tend to write in a darker tone, so it was somewhat of a surprise when a lot of these stories ended on a rather happy note.

Princess and the Frog

I'm familiar with the Disney movie, so I was curious about how they compared. I liked how the story was built. It kept me on my toes, and I love how it ended. 

Rapunzel 

My all-time favorite Disney princess. I liked how Disney kept the integrity of the story for the most part. I also feel like this story could easily be reinvented in several different ways so I will keep it in mind. 

The Straw, the Coal, and the Bean

I haven't heard of this story before, and it was very intriguing to me. It seemed unlike other Grimm stories I've read before, but it was cool how the tailor sewed up a bean. 

The Mouse, The Bird, and The Sausage

Another Grimm story I haven't heard of. It wasn't my favorite. It was kind of dull, but it sad how the bird drowned. 

Overall, 
I enjoyed all the stories. I really like Rapunzel, but I might just be impartial to it. I liked the style of writing the Grimm brothers use. It is poetic but still understandable and flowed easily. 

Caption: Rapunzel:) obtained from giphy.com 
Bibliography: Grimm Brothers unit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joey B