Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Reading Notes Part A

This week I decided to read about Celtic Fairy Tales. As someone of strong Irish descent, these immediately jumped out at me. There were a couple that appealed to me a little bit more than others. The first one was The Field of Boliauns. This one captured the story of how Tom was tricked by a Leprechaun, which I thought was pretty funny. The other story that caught my attention was The Shepard of Myddvai. The story of a married couple with a certain condition. The man could not strike the woman more than three times, or she would leave him. He broke this rule and she left him and immediately left him. Overall, I liked all the stories in the unit, but they were slightly hard to follow. 


 
Caption: The Luck of the Irish giphy.com
Bibliography: Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1892).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joey B